Sunday

New Project - Card in a Box!







Hello!


Yesterday I had great fun creating this project called 'Card in a Box' for one of the lovely ladies who faithfully attends my monthly classes at Formby Library.





It's got a Holy Communion theme (as you can see from the back of the card), but you can make them for just about any celebration or special occasion.



Another name for this card is a 'Pop-up Card', or 'Explosion Card'!





I had seen these beauties all over the internet, and thought I'd give them a go myself - they're not as hard as they look! My version is a bit smaller than the ones you might see on Pinterest
or YouTube, but I like it, as it can easily fit into a 6"x4" small envelope.

It also folds flat, so quite inexpensive to post.

I used two Stampin'Up! bundles for this card: Petite Petals and Flower Shop. The leaves were punched out with the Bird Builder Punch. Butterflies are from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set, and matching punches (Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly).

The cardstock and designer papers are from my stash.

The colours chosen are Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Old Olive, and Pink Passion (retired).

So what do you think?

If you fancy making your own 'card in a box', I'm happy to send you instructions on how to go about it.

So go on, let you imagination take flight, and see what you can come up with today! I'd love to see YOUR creations!

xx

P.S. Here's another 'card in a box', which my home class are making this Tuesday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment