Friday

Elegant butterfly and Summer Silhouettes!



Happy New Year to you all!
I know it’s winter, and a stamp set like Summer Silhouettes makes summer sound like a long, long way off, but hey, that’s what creativity does to you! It makes you dream of sunny days, of bees and butterflies, of love and laughter… Before we know it, the buds on the trees will blossom again, and nature will sing its beautiful summer melody like it always does at that time of year.
I wanted to show off the Polka Dot Parade Designer Papers, so I used the Adorning Accents Edgelits and Adorning Accents Folder with the Big Shot machine to create a pretty edge on each side of the card – just big enough to see the paper through.

The vase is made using the Ornament punch (great not only for Christmas cards then!), to punch out the shape from the back of the same blue, dotted paper used on the edge of the card. Just snip off the bottom the ornament shape, and ‘Voila, you have a vase’!
The butterfly is from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set, and I raised it up using the Elegant Butterfly punch, and some 3-D Dimensionals.
In keeping with the light, fragile, and earthly nature of butterflies, I preferred using Baker’s Twine to ribbon, both on the side of the card, and on the button.
The greeting is from the Petite Pairs stamp set.
Here’s another card, using the same Summer Silhouettes stamp set, this time as a ‘Thank You’ card with a sentiment from the same Petite Pairs stamp set. The ribbon is Pretty in Pink. Inks used: Old Olive, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Pink Passion (now retired). Nice, if I may say so myself!

4 comments:

  1. Charlotte x12:28 pm

    Wow, these are SO beautiful, Magda! I'd never heard of stamping before, so thank you for inviting me into a whole new world. My creative juices love the Summer Silhouettes, especially as all the Christmas decorations have bid farewell. I'm really inspired, thank you! much love and blessing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Charlotte. I love the Summer Silhouettes, too.
    All the best on your travels this year.
    Love,
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:50 pm

    Lovely cards Magda - and so cheerful on this cold and wintery January day. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill. Your cards are inspiring, too.

      Magda x

      Delete