Monday

Papillion Potpourri and the New Year!


The New Year is almost here, and what better way to celebrate it than with a couple of butterfly cards! Ah, the fragile, yet gracious butterfly - the symbol of new life, new beginning! And that’s what the New Year is all about, isn’t it?
The stamp set is one that I fell in love with the moment I opened the 2012-13 annual catalogue – Papillion Potpourri. So pretty and useful for so many different occasions, from birthdays to ‘Get Well’ and ‘Thank You’ cards.
To make the most of this set, you’ve got to have the Elegant Butterfly punch, which is what I’ve used here, having stamped the butterfly image first on to some Whisper White cardstock, then punched it out, and mounted it on to the card topper, using 3-D Dimensionals.
And if you’re anything like me, you might like to take coordination on to the next, higher level. I believe there’s another smaller, Bitty Butterfly punch coming out in February, with the new Spring-Summer 2013 Catalogue (p.13), which goes really well with the smaller butterfly stamp of the Papillion Potpourri set. Isn’t that brilliant?
To finish off the card you could add a sentiment – I went for ‘Happy Birthday Wishes’ from the Petite Pairs stamp set.
The buttons add a nice touch to the butterflies’ bodies, and Stampin’Up’s own buttons are perfect for this.
Alternatively, you could use Rhinestone Gems, which is what I’ve used on the second card. The sentiment on this is from a beautiful, unfortunately now retired, set called Vintage Vogue. “You raise kindness to an art” – how lovely to be able to say that to someone who deserves your thanks!

I don’t yet possess a Stampamajig, but if I did, I’d have horizontally stamped up the three butterfly images using this very useful tool, though the way I’ve done it (i.e. not in a straight line), doesn’t look too bad. What do you think? After all, butterflies fly where and how they please!
May your New Year be a happy, healthy and successful one! May all its joys and surprises, as well as its trials and challenges, help you grow stronger in body and spirit. Life is indeed like a butterfly. Treasure it while it lasts!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 pm

    These really are beautiful cards Magda,I love the butterfly & will be adding these stamps & punch to my must have list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Cheryl, for taking the time to leave me a comment. Yes, I agree, the butterfly stamps and punch are adorable. They give your cards that 'Wow!' factor! Do feel free to contact me anytime if and when you wish to order them from the catalogue. I'd be more than happy to be of service. Love, Magda

    ReplyDelete